Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 9 #22 Ebooks and Audio Books

In working with this objective I could not believe how many sight have ebook items. I did find it interesting that many of them said "free" but there was a catch to come. When browsing the sites provided with the training I found that most of the books available were the classics. Which for me was great but the search for current elementary materials became the challenge. I did enjoy a lot of the Aesop Fables that I found in many sites, which would benefit a class study of fables.

I continued to view various sites and these are a few of the ones I found that could be useful.

Kids Audible has books that support RIF

Ebook88 provides numerous listing of ebook links

Candle Light Stories I especially enjoyed the Simon's Cat series

The following site caught my attention because it used a familiar name for it's site!
Libraryelf- I was impress with this link because it provides links to numerous libraries throughout the United States. When I browsed several of the ones in Texas it amazed me as to how much they would put into their sites. And the fact that several of the sites offered online book clubs which I thought was a great idea.

Overall, I did get a little frustrated with some sites because a lot of them are misleading by saying they free ebooks but they are very limited or older titles which does not help when you teach elementary students. I enjoyed many of the classics and looking at the Project Gutenburg site intrigued me with how the originals actually look like. I have used many audio books over the years provided by the school which really help a lot of our non-readers, so I do realize the need for ebooks and audio books. It just takes TIME to find what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment