Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week 6- #15 Future of Libraries

After reading the articles about the perspectives of the future of libraries I felt overwhelmed with what route things are taking.

As it was stated in one article many school librarians just don't have access to the tools needed. They try to keep up, because each year something new is added for them to work with and try to get teachers to use. We also deal with the factors also mentioned- librarians and staff not computer savy, time restraints, curriculum demands, testing and scheduling affect alot of what can be done.

I can see this program opening the means of communication and as a classroom teacher I can see the benefits of what it offers and will continue to explore and use what I have learned. It also surprised me as to how long this Web 2.0/Librarians 2.0 has been around.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, librarians have been trying to stay abreast of all that's new in order to be able to help teachers. Unfortunately, time constraints and the pressure of testing inhibits both teachers and librarians from being able to truly integrate information literacy combined with technology integration and curriculum topics.

    ReplyDelete