Thursday, July 16, 2009

Week 7 # 16 Wikis

I have worked with Wikipedia prior to this training but not much. However, I did not have much knowledge about Wikis. As I began searching through the sites listed in the training it really opened my eyes to what the purpose of Wikis are and how creative they can be. Several of the sites seemed a little busy to me but I liked the set up ideas of many of the sites. I will return to many of the sites for ideas because there is so much to see when you browse.

I viewed all of the sites and watched several of the on-line tutorials. I especially enjoyed the Salute to Seuss and the Math Tips . These two Wikis are geared more to my teaching position in school. It has inspired me to research more on the Wikis inorder to create one of my own to assist with skills and topics of interest. I can see a benefit from this format and what it can offer.

1 comment:

  1. We both liked and posted about the same wikis. I also found out that Google sites are also wikis. I created one to use in a tech workshop for teachers this month about Google Apps. You may like to look it over at
    http://sites.google.com/site/techcamp09carswell/

    ReplyDelete